CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Fun Day

We actually made it to early church today. It helped that both girls woke up a little early, so we had plenty of time to get ready and get out the door. We couldn't resist taking a couple of photos of them in their matching dresses.

After church and a quick change of clothes, it was off to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day...a little on the cool side and a bit windy, but not freezing or snowing! The girls had the most fun walking through the pumpkin patch. They kept trying to pick up the "punkins," and when they wouldn't budge, they would exclaim, "Too heavy!" It didn't keep them from trying pumpkin after pumpkin, even throwing in a few grunts to show us they were trying really hard to make the lift.




Maddie spent about five minutes being crabby because we took her away from the pony to walk through the corn maze. Here she is pouting.

Thankfully, she recovered quickly after we had a bite to eat and let the girls play on the wooden train. Here is Ibby in the dining car.

We even went on a hayride. We are quite sure this was Maddie's first time in a hay wagon being pulled by a good ol' John Deere tractor.

On the way out, the girls had an opportunity to "drive" a tractor themselves. You probably don't recall, but this is when Isabel had a meltdown last year.

And last but not least, we stopped by the apple growth chart to see how the girls measure up. Isabel was so little last year when we had her pose in front of it, and now we have two big girls, growing taller almost by the minute it seems.

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to pick any apples. Next year, we figure we'll make a whole day of it. All that fresh air and activity definitely made for good naps when we got home!

7 comments:

LynnieB said...

So fun as usual! I love their matching dresses - looks like they do too. Such proud smiles. That is the coolest apple orchard - so, what did Maddie think of her first hayride and John Deere tractor? Doesn't get much more American than that...

Sherry said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. The girls are just adorable.

Mary said...

I'm catching up on the girls instead of working : ) Call me when you get a chance to let me know if there is anything I can help with. Thursday and Friday are my slower days. We were at Cousin Jimmy's wedding this weekend and everyone sends their love!

Lesa said...

So much fun! I want to do this so bad, but the time is flying by and we won't get to this year.

I'm glad that Ibby had a better time this year.

Love all the matching outfits!

Susan said...

My favorite shot is of the girls in the stroller together! Sorry, but Maddie's little frown reminds me of someone else when she doesn't get her way. Actually, it reminds me of myself too!

I just love seeing Isabel's smile, which seems to always be there! She is such a happy little camper, which has to be contagious.

I hope Maddie's appt. goes smoothly this week. I can't imagine what you're feeling at this time, but know you must have so many mixed emotions going into this surgery. Hang in there and stay strong for your girls. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Much love to you all.
Susan

Melissa said...

Great pics and it looks like they both had a great time. I wish we had something like that around here. I love thier matchiing clothes too.

Mary said...

Post soon and let us know how it went. You've been in our prayers--Love you guys!

Mare