CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Desert Botanical Garden

Today after we dropped Daddy off at work, Isabel and I went to the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. Though I have been vacationing in Arizona for over ten years, I have never visited the DBG even though I have always wanted to. It reminds me of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum except it's filled with desert succulents. It is absolutely gorgeous. We spent over two hours walking the trails and saw hundreds of gorgeous plants, a bunch of butterflies, and a few hummingbirds. Currently, the Garden is featuring a exhibit of Dale Chihuly hand blown glass sculptures. They are sprinkled through the landscape, nestled among the cacti, and when the sun hits them, they are a spectacular sight. Isabel really enjoyed herself. Tomorrow we go to Taliesin West, architect Frank Lloyd Wright's Arizona home and studio. I've been there before, but it's a fun place to visit, so I don't mind going again. Never too early to expose kids to culture, right?

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Sounds like you guys are having a good time on vacation. Isabel is becoming such the traveler.

She'll be a pro on the China trip.