CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just How Close is Too Close?

Isabel does not watch much television. In fact, very, very little. There is one show that's on after lunch that we watch occasionally. It's called "It's a Big, Big World." Other than that, she watches her signing videos, which she LOVES, and that's it. Oh, we've seen a half an hour of Kung Fu Panda. I am dying to know how it turns out.

Anyhow, the rule when Ibby watches tv, which as I said is not very often, is that she needs to sit about five feet back. Usually, we pull up her chair to the appropriate spot, and she lounges there as she watches her show.

Today, she asked to watch "Signing Time," which she does by making the sign for "sign" while also making a long ssssssss sound which also stands for sign. And then she walks over to the tv cabinet, giggling happily. (Like I said, she really loves her signing videos.) As I was getting the dvd ready to play, she began to pull her chair into position. She, however, decided, I guess, that she's been sitting too far back. I didn't have the heart to tell her to back up. She was so darn cute. So does sitting too close to the tv really make you need glasses? Hope not.


6 comments:

Sherry said...

Too cute!!! I don't think there is anything wrong with sitting too close to the tv. I think it's like -- you can't swim after eating -- something we grew up believeing. But, that's just my 2 cents.
:)

Sherry said...

Check this out:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071106100317AAN3eqe

Pam said...

Thanks for the link, Sherry. I feel much better now!

Cynthia said...

Isabel is one smart and adorable little girl!!! We used to get the line about sitting too close all the time and basically ignored it!!! I agree with Sherry that is like the line about not swimming after eating. I am sure she will be fine.

LynnieB said...

I love it. It is a wide screen TV to her...

Susan said...

I think Isabel wants to crawl into the screen and become part of the action! I wonder what she'd do with 3D glasses on! She'd fly right over the back of her chair! Which, I love that little chair and I'm gonna have to get one for Maiya!

xxoo-
Susan