CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Official! She's Ours!

We just received word today from our adoption agency that China has approved our adoption of Madeleine Grace! Just to remind you what a long journey this has been, here is a recap of our timeline:
6.2.06: Dossier sent to China
6.8.06: Dossier logged in with the CCAA
7.27.07: Dossier passes review
12.15.08: Letter of Intent sent to CCAA for the adoption of Madeleine
12.29.08: Pre-approval received from CCAA
1.22.09: Letter of Approval received from CCAA
Seems short, doesn't it until you realize that we started this journey in 2006! We are still in waiting mode as we have to wait for the Chinese government to issue travel approval (TA). That will probably take four or five weeks considering they are on holiday all of next week for Chinese New Year. At the same time, we will be waiting for US Immigration to approve our application to adopt internationally. That can take about 90 days although we are going to see if they might be able to expedite the processing of our form. No guarantee, but our agency says they will try. Once we have TA from China and USCIS approval, then our agency will be able to go ahead and schedule our Consulate appointment (CA). I was hoping for travel in April, but I'm not counting out May. So stay tuned.

And now, without further ado, let me introduce our lovely daughter, Isabel's big sister (by seven months), Madeleine Grace:

11 comments:

Michele M said...

Virtual twins. I love it. She's precious.

stephLAgwca said...

Congratulations!!!

3peas1pod said...

So beautiful! You certainly have received a double blessing!

Cynthia said...

Oh Pam she is beautiful. She and Isabel will be great sisters and best friends. I can't wait for all the remaining pieces to fall into place so hyou can go get her.

LynnieB said...

So, so happy for the Schoens!!! Love you all!

Sherry said...

What a sweet adorable little girl!!! So sweet -- pinch her cheeks cute.

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Sherry said...

So my word verification for that last post was:

cocoma

So true - so true.

Susan said...

She is precious! I can't wait to see the new family photo, and still have plans on arranging some kind of reunion for us all once we have our families complete. I hope the rest of your wait goes smoothly and with light speed!

xxoo-
Susan

Our Girls said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! How exciting!!!

Lesa said...

I don't know why Pam, but I have your old old old blog still listed. I'll have to switch it over to this one.
Sorry I've been missing out on all of your posts.

Sherry said...

I think it's about time for another update mom.