CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Update

With each passing day, I believe Madeleine feels more and more comfortable in our home and with us. Today, when she was pooping on the potty, Ibby came bopping in the bathroom and asked her for a kiss. Maddie obliged despite the bad timing on Ibby's part. And then she turned to me and asked ME for a kiss. Now, Maddie has been kissing both Richard and me since day one, and she and Isabel have been smooching ever since they met, but this is the first time she's asked me for a kiss. Usually, we have to do the asking. She spontaneously hugs me all the time. For example, when the girls and I are on the floor playing, Maddie will suddenly run over to me and throw her arms around my neck and give me a good squeeze which, of course, prompts Isabel to do the same. One of the highlights of my days, that. But she usually doesn't offer kisses. She gives them when asked, but up until today, she hasn't been the one to initiate. When I ask her for a kiss at bedtime, when I'm the one putting her to bed instead of Richard...we trade off...I will say after the first one, "Another one?" and "Another one?" and we keep kissing until she starts to giggle or we mutually decide enough is enough. Today, after she asked for that first kiss, she said, "Another one?" and I absolutely melted.

Pictures. I know, I know. You want some. I promise to post some pix of a small Welcome Home gathering we had for Maddie this past Sunday. And I promise to be better at taking pictures of my girls, so I have more to post.

7 comments:

LynnieB said...

Ah, sweet kisses... I love it.

Sherry said...

I remember those first kisses -- wonderful!!!! So glad Maddie is adjusting so well to life at home.

Susan said...

Yes please, more photo's of those beautiful girls! And, when do you think we can all get together for a little reunion? Next spring, possibly? I think Lynn should have us all down again.... she was such a great hostess and we could all go to GW again and introduce them to our kiddos? I just hope things speed up for Patty, Mary and Cynthia now!

Pam said...

I'd love to get together. Next spring may be a possibility. We'll know more about what our lives are going to look like over the next few months after our Shriners appt on the 31st.

Yes, and here is to a speed up for Patty, Mary and Cynthia. You ladies are never far from my thoughts.

Melissa said...

I love that she is asking you for kisses. It is so sweet to hear about the girls getting along so well!

Lesa said...

Oh, that is just precious!!! Can't wait to get my fist ones from our boy!!

Lesa said...

Susan, just read your post. I wish that all of us have our kiddos soon. There isn't a day that goes by I don't wish the same for my sisters. Come on we need some action for Patty, Mary, and Cynthia!!