CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Few More Sister Pix




I'm not going to lie. I'm exhausted, but I think that has more to do with a delayed case of jet lag than it does to having two toddlers toddling around the house. Plus, I picked up a little cold somewhere, so I'm not feeling the greatest. That said, I am still having the time of my life observing Ibby and Maddie get to know each other. Each of them is trying her hardest, and I am so proud of them. Ibby is a little possessive at times, of her toys and of Mommy and Daddy, but that's understandable. For the most part, she's been really good about sharing. She did speak her first three word sentence yesterday. Too bad it was, "No! My mommy!" directed at Maddie, of course. Normally a fabulous sleeper, she has had a bit of trouble lately. The first night home, we had to go into her room five times after we put her down to assure her that Mommy and Daddy would be there in the morning when she woke up. Last night, we only had to go in three times, but then she was up during the night. I think the night wakings had more to do with the fact that she has picked up my cold. Hopefully, after a bit more time passes, she will feel more comfortable that Mommy and Daddy aren't going anywhere, and she'll be back to sleeping well. It's funny. Naps have not been an issue...just night time.

Madeleine is doing really, really well. She is a great playmate for Isabel. Obviously, she learned the art of sharing in the orphanage. She is so sweet. She continues to mimic everything she hears including the "sh*t" Mommy uttered when she was trying to put together the Little People Castle. Oops. I'll have to watch that. She has almost learned the entire ABC song just by listening to the Leap Frog Alphabet Pal sing it...over and over and over. She had a bout of grumpiness yesterday which I am going to attribute to jet lag as well. She had been napping for three hours when I decided to get her up, and she just wasn't happy about that at all. When Daddy got home, it turned into a bout of crying, but thankfully, it didn't last long. She was happy and playing after about 15 minutes, and she had a ball in the bath with her sister.

The nice thing about two kids so close in age is that they are on the same schedule which makes life so much easier for me. Nap time is glorious, I must admit, but really, I couldn't have asked for things to go any more smoothly. We are blessed beyond measure.

7 comments:

LynnieB said...

So happy for the update and so glad things are going well. Jet lag is nasty stuff. It took us exactly one week to sleep normally and feel human again. Hope your cold goes away soon.

Great pictures, I can't believe they are in jackets. Sure aren't in Texas!

Sherry said...

Love the pictures -- of course. And I'm sure it's jet leg and colds for everyone. I bet next week will go a lot smoother. It took me about 10 days to get totally over the jet leg. I think mainly because of getting up 6 times a night. The 3 word sentence is kind of funny. No bonding issues with Ibby I see. :) Just wait -- those girls will be ganging up on you in no time.

Thanks for the update -- I was wondering how things were going.

Hugs,
Sherry

Michele M said...

So happy. Love seeing the girls together. Glorious. Grumpiness from jet lag is to be expect...this too will pass.

Hope you feel better soon.

Felicia Homberger said...

The girls look beautiful together. And... I can't believe we already got an announcement. You are too good! Let us know when it would be okay to drop by. We understand she will need some time to adjust, but we can't wait to meet her.

Lesa said...

I'm so happy things are going as well as they are.
I often wonder how Wendy will act once she really gets a baby sister. ha
Yes, Jet Lag is one horrible critter. Hopefully you all will bounce back from it. Sorry you have caught a cold.
I sure enjoy seeing them together. Cute girls playing in their kitchen.

Cynthia said...

Love the update and the pictures. Couldn't wait to get home from my trip to see how things were going. Glad to hear the girls are getting along really well. Hope the jet lag and colds go away for all of you soon. Have fun and keep these fabulous posts and pictures coming.

Susan said...

I love seeing the photo's of the girls together! What a match -- and I mean that in absolutely every way possible.

We've just gotten back from vacation, and I'm slowly catching up on what's been happening in everyone's lives over the past couple of weeks. Even though we were only gone one week, it took several weeks beforehand to get things in order, both at home and at the office. Sometimes vacations are a lot of work, but so worth it if all goes well.

xxoo
Susan