CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Philosophical Discussion

Tonight at bedtime, the girls and I were discussing just what their nightly prayer means. "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep." I reminded them that the Lord is God, and God lives in heaven.

"Grandpa is in heaven," said Isabel.
"That's right. Grandpa is in heaven," I replied.
"He's not sick anymore," said Maddie.
"No, he's not sick anymore. He's with God."
"In heaven?" questioned Maddie.
"Yes, honey, in heaven."
"By the clouds," said Ibby.
"And the moon," added Maddie. "Is God the moon?"
"No, God is not the moon."
"Is God a boy or girl?" asked Maddie.
"Well, God is a boy."
"Like Daddy is a boy?" said Isabel.
"Yes, like Daddy."
"I can't play on the moon because the moon is too far away," surmised Maddie
"That's right, honey,"
"We could ride in an airplane like Daddy," suggested Isabel. "It goes up, like this, and then lands, like this."
"That's what a plane does, but a regular plane won't get us to the moon."
"We could ride in a rocket ship like Caillou." Maddie loves Caillou.
"I'll get the lipstick [lip balm]," said Ibby.
And off to bed.

Amazing.

5 comments:

LynnieB said...

Ok, I must say my favorite part is "I'll get the lipstick" - a girl has got to be prepared! Love it.

Cynthia said...

What a great conversation. That is 2 very smart girls you have there. Can't wait until Taylor and I can have conversations..I think!!!!

Michele M said...

Just adorable. Gotta love the way kids think. Just so genuine and real.

Sherry said...

Such smart cookies you have.

Melissa said...

So cute! I love "toddler theories". They sound like they have it all figured out though, don't they. Down to the lipbalm. :)