CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Go Fly a Kite

Last weekend was cold. Now, I'm not talking MY idea of cold which is about fifty degrees. I'm talking really, really cold...below zero to be exact...which is cold by anybody's standards. But here in Minnesota, if you let the cold deter you, well, you just wouldn't leave your house until May, so you have to suck it up, put on layers, and get out there...in the cold...and have...fun. So that's just what we did.

Kites galore were flying over Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, so Richard, the girls, and I and some friends of ours braved the cold to see the kites, do a little ice fishing, roast marshmallows and drink hot chocolate. By early afternoon, the mercury had soared to PLUS eight...wahooo...a heat wave, so we bundled up and headed to the lake. I didn't get a lot of pictures because I refused to take off my gloves in order to operate the camera, but here are a couple of shots to prove we were there.



7 comments:

eebss said...

Yep, it looks like Isabel enjoys the cold as much as you and me! ;)

Melissa said...

What cute pics! I can't believe you venture out in that kind of weather. We have been freezing here, but don't have the clothes for it. At least the girls look all bundled up!

3peas1pod said...

BBRRR.....Hope it was fun!

Sherry said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!! Cold -- but fun. I love the pictures of your little snowmen all dressed up. So cute!!!!!

LynnieB said...

I vote for staying inside til May or coming to Texas!

Looks like fun!

Lesa said...

That is something we have never done. Poor girls look so dang cold. ha

Mary said...

Pam, that looks like fun. Being from Central Texas, I can't even imagine temps like that!! But glad you all made the most of it. Looks like a fun time!